Open invitation to view and discuss the work of the Connect: London-Katowice (Poland)
Wednesday 7th December 2016 at 4pm in the Lecture Hall at Chelsea College of Arts, UAL.
The beginning of the dialogue in August- November 2016 gave the opportunity to question the foundational role of perception in understanding the artists own worlds and the worlds of others. This cross-student, cross-graduate and community opportunity of exchange intends to open up further outreach and education avenues. The project offers discourse with ranging age groups and re-look at local heritage, ancestry, British-Polish past relationships and our present, common European concerns. This is via a plethora of interactions and broad creative means and results, from painting, graphics and performance to digital methods.
The project involves artists’ partnerships between recently graduated MA Fine Art, Chelsea College of Arts, UAL alumni with current Academy of Fine Arts, Katowice (ASP) students and lecturers and is sponsored by the Arts Council. Oksana Smirnova is a curator and Chelsea 2015 curating alumni who is working together with Pawel Mendrek, curator and ASP’s curator to lead up these partnerships.
Further events at Ply Gallery, Hornsey Town Hall Art Centre:
– Workshop dates: 1st – 8th December open to the public daily 10am – 12pm & 2pm – 4pm.
– Private view: 8th December 6pm – 8-30pm.
– Exhibition dates: 9th – 16th December open to the public daily 10am – 6pm.
– Community event – Artists’ Tour with Q&A, families welcomed: 10th December 2pm – 4pm.
– Address: Ply Gallery, Hornsey Town Hall Art Centre, The Broadway, Crouch End N8 9JJ.
– Website: https://connectkatowice.wordpress.com/